Buying Through Us

CityWest Residential aims to make buying a property in Westminster simple and stress free. 

Whether you're a first time buyer, an investment buyer, upsizing or downsizing, we're here to help with your Westminster property search. Our clients have properties for sale in Pimlico, Victoria, St Johns Wood, Bayswater, Paddington, Edgware Road and Maida Vale.

Communication is key

Browse our website for properties for sale in Westminster and the surrounding areas. Alternatively you can register your details and your requirements and let us locate suitable flats or properties in Westminster for you to consider.

As soon as you register with us, we will give you a call to discuss all of your requirements, what might be suitable and book any viewings. If you wish, you can even receive property details by email and text so you don’t miss out on any of the good opportunities that we have. As a registered potential buyer we will also, where permitted, ensure you’re notified of new properties coming to market before they are made available on the internet.

buying with us content


Viewing times are flexible to accommodate your busy schedule. All viewings are accompanied by one of our qualified agents who will guide you through the property and advise you on the area and amenities if you don’t know Westminster well. We want to show you properties which are relevant to your requirements – we realise the value of your time.

Communication technology

At your request we e-mail, SMS and call all of our prospective buyers with the newest properties on the market. CityWest Residential is also on Twitter - why not follow us? We ensure you are kept up to date.

buying with us content

Making an offer

We will communicate with you at all times from your offer being accepted to the completion of the sale, and we will confirm acceptance of offers in writing to you and your solicitor.


We can refer you to solicitors should you not have your own already. A good, experienced solicitor is often fundamental to a smooth transaction.

When the buying processes begins the vendor's solicitor will obtain the property title deeds from the vendor's building society or bank in order to prepare the contract of sale. The buyer’s solicitor will then examine the papers and raise any queries based on the title deeds, and related matters about the property.

When your solicitor receives the following, you can proceed to exchange of contracts: replies to queries, a satisfactory local search, a copy of a mortgage offer, a signed contract and deposit monies.


The home buyer’s survey you require will depend on the age and type of property you are buying and your lenders requirements:

Mortgage Valuation Report - This is carried out by your mortgage company to determine that they are prepared to lend you money to buy the property. Your mortgage company will often charge you a fee for this report.

Home Buyer's Report - This was made available by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in the 1980s to bridge the gap between the basic Mortgage Valuation Report and Full Structural Survey. CityWest Residential can refer you to a good surveyor if you require.

Full Structural or Building Survey Report – This is a very detailed report the content of which you should agree with the surveyor. It is in more detail than the Home Buyers report and is often recommended for property that is particularly old e.g. listed or has any obvious concerns regarding condition, structure or the roof etc. CityWest Residential can refer you to a good surveyor if you require.

buying with us content

Exchange and completion

Exchange means that the sale of the property transaction is legally binding, a point at which you are legally obliged to proceed with the sale. At the point of exchange, a deposit of usually around 10% of purchase price will be transferred to the vendor’s solicitor.

Completion is usually 28 days from the date of exchange but it can be sooner or later as required or agreed with the Vendor. It is sometimes possible to exchange and completion at the same time if desired. Upon completion your Solicitor hands over the remainder of the purchase money to the Vendor's Solicitor.

On or after completion, and not before that exact time, you can move into your new home. Keys are usually handed over by the Vendor or estate agent.

Sales Negotiator
Shawaiz Zubairi
victoria estate agents
CityWest Residential Office

21 Grosvenor
London SW1X 7EA

+44 (0)20 7245 2222
Contact our City West Residential Office

Contact Office