Subletting is where a leaseholder lets their home to someone else. Sublets must be registered within 21 days of the sublet starting.
- A certified copy of the tenancy agreement with the subtenant
- A registration fee of £30
- An alternative mailing address so that the accounts (and any other formal notices) can be sent directly to you
- A copy of the property's gas safety certificate
- Details of any managing agent you are using
- A contact number for you and your managing agent, if you have one, in case of an emergency
We are offering complete peace of mind for all your property management needs with CityWest Complete.
For a limited time only, we are offering a FREE wifi enabled tablet for anyone signing up through the rental portral*
Points to note
- You are responsible for your subtenant's conduct. Please ensure your tenancy agreement includes the same rules and regulations that apply to you as the lessee.
- Renewing an existing tenancy agreement with your subtenant does not require another registration fee. We only require a certified copy of the renewal of the tenancy.
- You also need to be aware of your legal obligations for servicing gas appliances.
If the property is sublet to a company, Registered Social Landlord or other such organisation then their subsequent sublet will be a further letting. This must also be registered, with payment of a further fee of £30.00 and a certified copy of that agreement.
Use our property management expertise with CityWest Residential
CityWest Residential is one of Westminster’s leading estate agents, providing a top quality property management, lettings and sales service since 2009. We have let many properties in Westminster within the private sector to professional tenants, companies and students.
Let us manage your sublet for you. For more information please visit the CityWest Residential.
Free smoke and carbon monoxide alarms - stay ahead of legislation in force October 2015
There are free smoke and carbon monoxide alarms available to CityWest Homes leaseholders and CityWest Residential are even offering a free installation service to all local property owners. Contact us to find out more. For landlords who are clients of our '24 hour / rent guaranteed' management service, we will be in touch separately to arrange these alarms.
Letting out your property for less than 90 days?
Under government rules, homeowners are permitted to let their property out for less than 90 days (also known as a holiday or short let) provided certain rules are kept. For more information on the regulations for permitted holiday lets, please click here
If you are considering letting for less than 90 days, please still ensure you register each let with lessee services in the normal way.