This is an affluent, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of Northwest London, located to the northwest edge of Regent's Park.
With sizable homes, a bustling high street, a wide choice of restaurants and close to plenty of green space, it’s no surprise this sought after N8 postcode is so popular with professionals, celebrities and families alike.
St. John’s Wood enjoys a secluded and tranquil atmosphere yet offers great transport links to central London and the M4, making it a very desirable residential district.
St. John’s Wood Property
While the district is known for its stylish semi-detached villas and mansions with large gardens on wide leafy streets, St. John's Wood estate agents can guide you to a diverse range of Regency properties - Victorian terraces, large detached houses, flats and apartment complexes with communal leisure facilities, bespoke, contemporary luxury houses, or un-modernised properties with huge development potential.
Avenue Road, Acacia Road and Marlborough Place are among the most popular streets. So, for those with a limited budget, former council properties, such as those in Allisten Road and Rowley Way, offer a more affordable option to living in a St John’s Wood property.
St. John’s Wood Buyers and Residents
This is a trendy and upmarket area of North-West London, perfectly located for trips both into the West End (10 minutes into Oxford Circus) or the City (21 minutes to London Bridge and then a quick walk/bus across the bridge). The beautiful Primrose Hill and Regents Park are both easily accessible for outdoor activities and summer sun, and, for a villagey feel you have Hampstead close by. Professionals and families of all nationalities like to make a St. John's Wood property their home.
Top 5 Reasons to Live in St. John’s Wood
- The area is very family friendly, with excellent schools
- There are plenty of opportunities to move up the property ladder here, with many families doing so locally
- You'll have a sought after postcode, but you'll find you can spend less here than in many other desirable parts of London
- You can take advantage of the independent stores, upmarket chains and its many eateries along the High Street and Circus Road
- Easy access to the centre of London